A visit to the National Sports Museum is a popular choice for students and teachers. There is plenty to see and do when your group visits the MCG.
Your group can take part in an MCG Tour, which is guided by a Melbourne Cricket Club member. This one-hour tour takes your students to the following areas around our great stadium:
• MCC Members Reserve
• MCG Tapestry
• Members Terrace – with views of Melbourne's skyline
• Level 4 of the Ponsford Stand
• Players' change rooms (subject to availability)
• Cricket viewing room (subject to availability)
• The Long Room
• Cricket Victoria Bill Lawry Centre
• MCC Library
• Media facilities (subject to availability)
• A walk on the arena (subject to availability).
Another part of your MCG experience is a visit to the National Sports Museum, located inside Gate 3.
Your students can marvel at the following museum exhibits that include more than 3000 objects:
• The People's Ground (MCG)
• Faster, Higher, Stronger (Olympics)
• Multi-sports exhibition
• Spirit of Sport (Sport Australia Hall of Fame)
• Champions Thoroughbred Racing Gallery
• Backyard to Baggy Green (Cricket)
• MCC Museum (Melbourne Cricket Club)
• Australia's Game (Australian Football)
• NSM Cinema Sport
Also included within the National Sports Museum is the Game On interactive Gallery and the holograms of Shane Warne and James Hird .
There are Learning Resources online that can assist with the planning of your visit.
We also recognise the vital role of teachers within the delivery of educational programmes and our community at large.
Therefore, to encourage teachers to visit the museum and personally experience it and plan their class visits, teachers receive a complimentary entry to the National Sports Museum OR a complimentary MCG tour, upon presentation of their current VIT card.